390 calories (whole recipe); 2.5 g protein; 41.0 g fat; 0 g carbohydrate; 0 g net carbs; 7 mg sodium; 211 mg cholesterol; 0 g fiber
111 calories (1 tbsp); 0.7 g protein; 11.7 g fat; 0 g carbohydrate; 0 g net carbs; 2 mg sodium; 60 mg cholesterol; 0 g fiber
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp oil (see Notes)
Drizzle oil on egg yolk, a small amount at a time, and whisk vigorously.
Keep refrigerated until use.
- Amount of oil per egg yolk varies by individual cook and main ingredient (to which the emulsion is mixed), typically ranging from 2 tablespoons (30 cc) to 80 cc.
- Keeps for a few days to over a week, depending on the amount of oil mixed in.
Recipes with tamago no moto
- Ebi to zukkiini no ebimayo-fu / shrimp and zucchini in ebimayo-style sauce
- Tsumire to retasu no nimono / fish dumplings and lettuce simmered in broth
- Ebi-shinjo to yasai ribon no nabe / hot pot with prawn-fish dumplings and vegetable ribbons
(Last updated: May 18, 2016)