15 calories per serving (1/2 of recipe); 0.1 g protein; 0 g fat; 2.8 g carbohydrate; 2.8 g net carbs; 35 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 0 g fiber
2 & 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp citrus juice (1/4 tsp yuzu juice & 1/4 tsp lemon juice in photo)
2 tbsp dashi (katsuo-kobu [bonito-kelp] dashi or katsuo [bonito] dashi recommended)
1/2 tbsp mirin
1/4 tsp usukuchi shoyukoji soy sauce rice malt
Microwave mirin for 5-10 seconds to get rid of alcohol.
Mix all ingredients.
- As with ponzujoju citrus soy sauce, mixing a few types of citrus helps to create a complex yet mellow taste.
- If no citrus is at hand, use more rice vinegar or squeeze in the juice of a small amount of grated ginger.
- If usukuchi shoyukoji is not available, use usukuchi soy sauce. It would increase the sodium figure above by about 20mg.
- Kanizu literally means crab vinegar.
- The actual nutrition figures would be lower, as around 1/4-1/3 of the sauce would be left in the dipping sauce dish.